Many service opportunities for students looking to help others

Amanda Harris

Campus Ministry welcomes students and is a resource for finding service opportunities.

Daniel Pelayo, Staff Writer

One of Nazareth Academy’s four pillars is Service. Its goal is to make a positive difference in people’s lives and develop a sense of responsibility and leadership.

At Nazareth all grade levels have service requirements. Freshmen, are required to do ten total hours at three different sites. Sophomores, are required to do 15 total hours face to face and can attend as many sites as they want. Juniors are required to have 15 total hours face to face at one location.

Some popular service agencies that Nazareth freshmen have served at in the past include F.I.S.H., St. Cletus Food Pantry, LaGrange Park library, Berwyn Library, Feed My Starving Children, Naperville Patriots Youth Football, YMCA Berwyn, Blanket Buddies, and more.

Some popular service sites for sophomores and juniors include F.I.S.H., Hodgkins Tutoring, Brookfield Library for after school tutoring, Berwyn Recreational Center, Housing Forward-Maywood, Pool Pals, PADS, and more. These are just a few of the many places where students can complete service hours. Campus Ministry serves as a resource for students looking to learn about more service opportunities.