YA Lit, Lit and Film offered as English electives

Gianna O’Connor, Staff Writer

It is that time of year again! The time has come to officially start planning schedules and classes for next school year. There have been some great recent additions to the choices of English electives, including Young Adult Literature and Literature and Film, which was offered this year as well.  

These new electives are tremendous opportunities for students that enjoy reading, analyzing literature, and being creative. Students thinking of majoring in journalism or some branch of English in college may want to consider taking these electives.

Young Adult Literature is designed to give students a comprehensive understanding of the history, audiences, innovations, and characters of Young Adult Literature. This course is designed to fit the interests of high schoolers who, as young adults, can easily relate to the material.

Literature and Film is an opportunity to analyze literature in relation to the film version. Not only will students analyze novels, but they will also explore short stories, non-fiction essays, and dramas. Students will have an opportunity to appreciate a story that is told in different forms. Overall, this elective is a good fit for students who enjoy analyzing literature and films and making connections between the two mediums.

The English electives change every year, so anyone interested should take advantage of these opportunities for next year.