Teacher Feature: Once a Roadrunner always a Roadrunner

Mia Santilli, Staff Writer

Ms. Hitney, one of Nazareth’s newest members of the Foreign Language Department, has always been close to Nazareth. She graduated in 2008, went to college, and came back.

Ms. Hitney explains that she “wanted to return to the Nazareth family because it feels like home.”

“When I attended Nazareth,” she states “I had the best high school experience possible.  In turn, I want to help other students to have a similar experience and encourage them to succeed along their journey of learning.”

She also explained that the technology is one of the main differences from when she attended Naz. The building itself is very similar to Ms. Hitney who said she can still point out her freshman and senior lockers.

Another Roadrunner returned this year as well. Ms. Bethany Mager, a new member of the Math Department, graduated in 1999. She mostly teaches juniors and some sophomores in her Algebra 2 and Trigonometry classes. Ms. Mager has been described as funny, welcoming, and friendly by her students.  

In regards to the changes at Naz, she said “Not much has changed, but I keep getting lost!”

The words that people used to describe her all fall under one of the four pillars, service. Which is interesting because she says that within everyone’s smiles and welcoming faces you can see the four pillars service, unity, scholarship, and spirit.