Warren Buffett challenges NCAA basketball fans to create perfect bracket

Emily Eddins, Staff Writer

Today marks the commencement of one of the most beloved college sporting events, the NCAA men’s basketball tournament. Who are the final two teams in this year’s NCAA College Basketball Tournament going to be? What about the final four teams? Do you think you even have a chance of guessing the sweet 16? Well, if you think you can guess a perfect bracket then you’re in for a pretty spectacular spring break! Warren Buffett is offering a one billion dollar prize for the basketball fan that can predict the perfect NCAA College Basketball Tournament bracket! May the odds be ever in your favor, even if the odds are 1 in 9.2 quintillion.

According to numerous sports and news sites, the odds of winning slim to none, and according to Mercury News, “no one in recorded history has ever perfected this feat.” Nevertheless, that has not stopped about 9,000 people from signing up.

A number of Nazareth students were asked what they would do if they were to win big with this chance of a lifetime. Junior Roland Wilson said that he would, “disperse it among my family, pay for all school tuition, invest 50% of the money, and with the rest, I would move to Seattle, build a lodge/mansion, and start a car collection.”

Junior Niko Xenos would want to, “donate a lot of the money and then buy properties to keep more money coming in.” And Junior Emily Beedie said that she would, “donate half of it to charities and then buy a new car, pay for schooling and save the rest.”

Winning this Jackpot would be definitely be life changing for anyone, so what does it take to make that perfect bracket? My bracket goes by my favorite mascots, so fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone on their brackets.