10 ‘Must have’ iPad apps

Jennifer Schrader, Staff Writer

iPads can be a wonderful thing if used wisely. Some apps are necessary, and there are the ones that sit on the home screen for what seems like forever, taking up storage space. At Nazareth, a group of 15 freshmen and sophomores was asked to name ten favorite apps of those currently on their iPads. Below is a list of “must have” apps along with what they are and how they’re used.

1. Flappy golf

Flappy golf is a similar game to the original flappy bird, only playing golf. The players tap the flying golf ball through a complicated course and count the number of taps it takes them to get to the hole. You can receive a gold, silver, or bronze star depending on how close you are to getting the tap par.

1. Notability

Notability is rated the number one overall note taking app among the interviewed students. Notability allows you to text, write with a stylus, highlight, cut and paste, erase, insert pictures, record, and more all on the same page. Nazareth students especially enjoy using Notability for classes that involve a lot of note taking.

1. Quizlet

Quizlet is a highly effective study tool that lets you make your own set of flashcards. The mobile version allows students to study cards, play a matching game, and type out each word. The online version allows you to study cards, play a matching game, type your words, listen to your words and then type, play a typing speed game, and test yourself.

1. Agar.io

Agar.io is a multiplayer game where each player is a cell and you have to eat other players in the quest to become the biggest cell. Agar.io has been called highly addictive and takes a few tries to get the hang of.

1. Piano Tiles

Piano tiles is an arcade game that counts the number of piano keys you can hit in a certain amount of time. There are multiple levels, each becoming more challenging. Players can choose classic, arcade, zen, rush, or relay mode. Each mode has five different levels to try.

6.Quizup

Quizup is a very fun trivia game that you can play against your friends. Quizup offers a large amount of different categories you can choose from starting at simple math and ending at the famous movie Mean Girls. You can compete to earn points and advance to high levels. Every 5 levels you advance on a topic, you unlock a nickname related to the topic.

1. aa

Aa is a highly addictive game where the player is given a number amount of sticks with dots on the end. In the middle of the screen is a circle that spins and your job is to fit all of the sticks with dots onto that circle. This is another game that was labeled as “highly addictive” by the group.

1. Crazy Heliumbooth Free

Crazy Heliumbooth free is a hilarious video taping app that lets you distort your face and change the pitch of your voice. You get to pick a specific distortion of your face, the speed of your video, and how high pitched your voice is. This app is becoming more and more popular as a form of entertainment during down time.

1. Spotify

Spotify is a very popular music streaming app. Spotify allows you to play music for free but has limited skips. You can buy spotify premium to unlock unlimited skips and offline play. Spotify has a wide range of music for you to pick from and is great for a study hall when you have no work to be doing, if your study hall moderator allows you to listen to music.

1. Google Classroom

Nazareth’s recent adoption of Google Classroom makes this app a must. Plus, it’s great to be able to see all of your class assignments in one place, helping you stay better organized.