Annual Snowball trip to take place this weekend

Amy Erickson, Staff Writer

Snowball is an event that Naz has hosted for many years. It is a retreat open to all four grades and is very popular throughout the school. Snowball is usually held in the early spring, but this year it is being held November 11th-12th. The main focus of Snowball is to find yourself and also to educate attendees about drug and alcohol abuse.

Junior Mary Rockouski is a leader for Snowball and says, “It’s just a great place to meet and to get to know new people or people you haven’t gotten to talk to for awhile all while relaxing, having fun, and learning more about yourself and your classmates.”

Students may pick the people that they want to bunk with, and they can also pick who they would like to be with when they take the bus ride there. The first day of Snowball students will arrive to Naz and participate in an “energizer” to get everyone ready for the great times ahead. From there they head to Camp Duncan, where they will stay the early afternoon of Nov. 12th. Before attending the retreat, students will be asked to select what workshops they would like to be a part of while attending Snowball.

When students arrive to Snowball they will be separated into random small groups, consisting of all grades to discuss and carry out numerous activities throughout the retreat.

This year’s theme for Snowball is “Lilo and Stitch”. Past themes have included Up, and Frozen. Snowball is not only held at Naz but also numerous high schools throughout the country.

The cost for Snowball is $75 , which includes the price of meals and bus. Students should contact Mrs. Kokontis for additional information.