Meep Meep: What could be an alternative to Fuzzy February?

Gianna Gordon, Staff Writer

February at Nazareth Academy is known for Fuzzy February. The idea of Fuzzy February is to raise money for different charities in the area by selling passes for $10.00, allowing male students and teachers to grow their beards and females to wear fuzzy boots. It’s a great fundraiser that’s always something to look forward to at Nazareth for the month of February. However, change is always good. I asked students throughout the school what their preferences for new fundraisers would be and here were their responses.

Meghan McGarry, Senior 17- “I think it would be fun to have a whole month, maybe 4th quarter during the spring, where Naz students can wear spirit wear for a month by buying a pass for 10.00 dollars. It promotes school spirit and is preventing students from being out of uniform.”

Aria Suh, Freshman 20 – “If Naz let us wear out of uniform shoes for a whole month it would be really fun. I hate my school shoes now, they are so boring.”

Sarah Rusthoven, Sophomore 19 – “Crazy Sock September! We could all show our craziness with expressing our favorite colors in our socks and even make the money go out to a charity like goodwill! It’s a good start to the school year.”

Anastasia Kakol, Junior 18 – “I think Naz should do a drive where we are allowed to chew gum for a month! That way less detentions and it may be a gateway to letting us chew gum all the time.”